Grants for Conservation
The Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District Board of Supervisors has initiated a new source of funding for small conservation projects. The Franklin Soil and Water Conservation Fund Grant Program allows nonprofit organizations and local governments in Franklin County to apply for conservation grants up to $1,500.
Up to three grants will be awarded annually for projects that align with the Franklin Soil and Water mission, “To promote responsible land-use decisions for the conservation, protection and improvement of soil and water resources by providing information assistance through effective partnering, technical guidance and education.” Examples of the kinds of projects that will be considered are tree planting, invasive species removal, rain garden installation, vegetative streambank stabilization, habitat improvement and stream clean-ups.
Conservation Fund Grants must be used for conservation implementation and may not be used for design/consulting fees, research, administration, food or outreach materials (signage, brochures, mailings, etc.) Up to 20 percent of the total grant amount may be used for equipment or tools for project implementation.
Any signage that is created with other funding for the Conservation Fund Grant project should include Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District’s name and/or logo as a supporter, sponsor or funder of the project.
- Applications will be accepted through March 25, 2013.
- Funds will be awarded April 1, 2013.
- Funds must be used by December 31, 2013
- Examples of eligible groups are municipalities, townships, community groups, civic associations, schools and watershed groups.
- Applicant may apply for up to $1,500.
- Please complete the Franklin Soil and Water Conservation Grant Application Web form .
- Questions can be directed to Kyle Wilson at (614) 486-9613, ext.128 or e-mail to Kyle Wilson.
Franklin Soil and Water’s Conservation Fund is funded from the annual meeting, the annual meeting silent auction, the tree sale, the affiliate membership program and donations. If you are interested in contributing to the Conservation Fund, please contact Mary Ann Brouillette at (614) 486-9613, ext 113.
Published: February 25th, 2013