Our Fish Sale is Now Open! Details regarding the sale and pick-up can be found below, but if you have additional questions please contact Brooke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer to stock fish in the spring or you do not live close to Franklin county, please check out this calendar (made available by our vendor Fender’s Fish Hatchery), which shows all the districts that will be holding fish sales.
You can also find a printable order form here if you prefer to mail in your order form and payment. Just follow the instructions on the form. Last day to order fish will be Tuesday, October 4th at 4:30 p.m. Pick-up your order at Ohio Division of Wildlife (1500 Dublin Road, Columbus 43215) on Thursday, October 13, 2016 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Instructions for Fish Pick-up-
- Line a five-gallon bucket with a clean plastic bag and fill it half way with water from your pond. Secure bag with a twist tie to prevent spillage (see example picture here). The fish are fingerlings and quite small (1-5 inches long), except for the white amur. Two white amur will fit in a five-gallon bucket.
- Deliver fish to your pond immediately.
- Fish are guaranteed to be in good condition, but there is no guaranteed survival.
- There are no refunds. Please have someone pick up the fish for you if you are unavailable.
- General fish stocking rates are covered in the ODNR Division of Wildlife Ohio Pond Management Handbook or you can purchase a copy of the Farm Pond Management Guide developed by our vendor, Fender’s Fish and Llama Farm, for only $20.