Community Backyards Rebate Program
- Conservation Fund & Mini Grants
- Conservation Series Fact Sheets
- Get Grassy
- Plant Your Trees Right
- Wild Ones Native Plant Butterfly Garden Recognition Program
- Calculating Your Carbon Footprint
- Cost-Share Programs
- Lawn Care & Soil Testing
- Community Backyards Rebate Program
- Rain Gardens
- Reporting Water Pollution
- Service Provider Lists
- Workshop Information & Online Registration
- Contact Us Regarding Backyard Conservation
The Community Backyards program focuses on rainwater runoff and its detrimental impacts on local water quality, streambank erosion, and localized flooding. Participants learn how to install rain barrels and plant rain gardens, along with an introduction to composting at home and the benefits of native plants.
This year we will continue with the $50 rebate program. New this year, New Albany and City of Columbus residents are eligible to receive a $100 rebate toward a native tree INSTEAD of the $50 rebate toward a rain barrel, compost bins, or native plants. The rebate program does renew each year, meaning that if you received a rebate last year, you can participate again this year and receive a 2016 voucher for a rebate.
The Community Backyards program is available to City of Columbus residents, participating Municipalities, and Franklin County residents who register to be a City of Columbus GreenSpot member. For questions, please call (614) 486-9613. Not a GreenSpot member? Register here. (Note: Registering as a GreenSpot is not the same as completing the online course and quiz. Both are requirements to receive a rebate.)
There are two ways you can qualify for a rebate voucher.
- Participate in an online course and pass our online quiz. (OPEN April 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017)
- Register to attend an in-person educational workshop in one of two ways:
- Register online through Eventbrite: www.franklinswcdworkshops.eventbrite.com
- Print & mail in a registration form (workshops are currently being scheduled for 2017).
Once we have received your paperwork, we will contact you to confirm your registration.
Visit www.communitybackyards.org for more information!