- Central Ohio Stormwater and Erosion Control Expo
- Contact Us Regarding Developing Lands
- Green Infrastructure in Central Ohio
Our goal is to reduce negative impacts from development and urban activities, as well as encouraging land management decisions that consider natural resource realities.
Assistance is offered to local governments, developers, and residents.
The benefits of partnering with our Developing Lands/Urban Conservation Program:
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Storm Water Compliance
- Reduction and prevention of sediment and erosion from construction sites
- Improved water quality of local streams and waterways
- Preserving aesthetically pleasing and healthy communities
Currently we assist the Franklin County Board of Commissioners, Franklin County Board of Health, Franklin County Development Department, Franklin County Engineer’s Office, the City of Gahanna, the Village of Obetz, Upper Arlington, and all 17 Townships within Franklin County. Assistance can be available to all municipalities within Franklin County.
Services provided include:
- FSWCD Urban Conservationists provide trainings for staff and contractors
- Review Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP3) for all development within unincorporated Franklin County
- Conduct routine inspections to ensure compliance with SWP3s
- Assist local residents with concerns and questions in regards to urban development, storm water runoff, and natural resource conservation
- Conduct lot split reviews (site visit and consultation)
- Determine soils suitability for construction
- Drainage and other land uses
Please call our office if you would like more information: (614) 486-9613